2022 Presentation Recordings and Slides Now Available!
2022 Debates & Didactics in Hematology & Oncology Conference CME
Debates & Didactics in Hematology and Oncology
July 21-24, 2022
Jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and Bio Ascend LLC
This activity is supported by independent educational grants from AstraZeneca.
This activity is intended for oncologists, hematologists, pathologists, clinical scientists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, and pharmacists engaged in the care of patients with solid and hematologic malignancies.
Educational Objectives:After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Review clinical trial results of current and novel agents and regimens for patients with solid tumors, including thoracic, breast, head and neck, ovarian, cutaneous, gastrointestinal, and genitourinary cancers
- Assess the safety and efficacy of currently approved and emerging therapeutic strategies for patients with hematologic malignancies, including patients with lymphoma, leukemia, and multiple myeloma
- Determine optimal approaches to integrate novel agents safely into clinical practice to maximize the outcomes of patients with hematologic and solid malignancies
- Identify strategies to increase cancer clinical trial participation in order to introduce novel agents into practice that improve the outcomes of patients with unmet needs
Joint Accreditation Statement:
Physician Continuing Medical Education:The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification:Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 19.5 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest:Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires faculty, planners, and others in control of educational content to disclose all their financial relationships with ineligible companies. All identified conflicts of interest (COI) are thoroughly vetted and mitigated according to PIM policy. PIM is committed to providing its learners with high quality accredited continuing education activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of an ineligible company.
Planners and Managers:The PIM planners and managers have nothing to disclose. The Bio Ascend LLC planners and managers have nothing to disclose.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use:This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA. The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications. The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Disclaimer:Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient’s conditions and possible contraindications and/or dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
How to Claim Credit:
- Go to www.cmeuniversity.com
- Login or Create a New Account (will take less than 1 minute)
- If you receive a message when creating a new account that “the email you entered is already in use”, please click the Forgot my Username or Password link to have your Username and Password sent to you via email
- After logging in, you may be asked to verify/update your information; after doing so, click Save at the bottom of the page
- Type in 17119 at the top of the page, “Find Post-Test/Evaluation by Course”, and click enter
- Click on the activity title when it appears
- Choose the type of credit you desire
- Complete the online Evaluation
- Receive an immediate CME/CE Certificate to download and/or print for your files